Teaching Spanish to Speakers of Other Languages
TSSOL Post Graduate Diploma (Module A & B)
Spanish is the primary language of over 20 countries. It is an official language on four continents and is spoken by over 500 million people worldwide. Spanish is the second most studied language in the world and is the second language for international communication. Globalization, particularly in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico has elevated the increasing importance of being able to communicate with citizens from other countries. In North America, hispanic consumers are the fastest-growing market segment. From professionals in the corporate world to authorities in education and healthcare, most are rapidly learning to speak Spanish. During the past decade, worldwide demand for Spanish language courses has almost tripled. The TSSOL Diploma Program provides our students with a thorough understanding of different aspects of grammar and enables them to learn relevant techniques to teach this subject more effectively.
TSSOL Certification Program (Module A)
- 300-Hours: General Module TSSOL Certificate with Specialization in Teaching Spanish.
- The TSSOL theory section is 150 hours and the TSSOL practical experience is additional 150 hours.
TSSOL Post Graduate Diploma & TSC Certificate Program (Module B)
- 600-hour course to be completed within eight months at one of TESOL USA’s member institutions.
- Includes 300 hours of the General Module TSSOL Certificate along with 300 hours of additional TSC Teaching Spanish to Children Program. Module B includes TSSOL & TSC.
Online & Correspondence Studies:
All Diploma programs offered through TESOL USA may be conducted by correspondence & online. Theoretical aspects of courses can be conducted online while the experience portion must be completed at a representative school of TESOL USA in your region.
- For Both Modules of A & B, completion of High School Diploma and at least One Year College or University Studies is required. Spanish Language Proficiency Exam is required. Module A includes a TSSOL certificate and Module B includes Module A plus a TSC Certificate program.
In completion of the TESOL USA’s Teaching Spanish TSSOL Module, students will:
- Perfect their own grammar & conversation skills and be encouraged to develop a holistic approach to teaching grammar & conversation
- Be able to identify common grammatical errors, learn strategies to communicate proper techniques in an integrated and enjoyable manner
- Develop communication tasks for students
- Learn strategies for designing different types of units including an “Icebreaker” Lesson Plan
- Learn a vast array of entertaining lesson plans to incorporate grammar and conversational activities
- Learn how effectively teach students of various ages
- Learn how to become a motivational and operative instructor
- Develop a list of valuable resources to use in the classroom
- Develop a great deal of knowledge regarding teaching methodologies including the most recognized; Communicative Language Teaching (CLT)
- Have experience in an interview setting (Grammar & Conversation are the basic components in every language classroom and Spanish teachers will often have their skills be evaluated in interview process)
Applicants should be native speakers and have a basic understanding of Spanish grammar through high school and/or University/College education. Non-native applicants will be admitted based on results of the TESOL USA Spanish Language Proficiency Exam.
In this module students will complete readings, personal reflections, assignments and a final exam consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions. Students may earn honor distinctions in this module by scoring an average of 95% or higher on the TESOL USA Final Board Exam.
Students who achieve the TSSOL Post Graduate Diploma are able to work for many prestigious positions around the world. Several of our TSSOL graduates work for foreign enterprises and corporations across the world which exchange businesses with Spanish speaking nations. Our graduates hold various prestigious positions and work with individual CEOs, Directors of companies and government agencies. Many large companies are contracting the services of a private teacher to teach their executives Spanish; these types of positions have doubled over the past decade. According to Business week, more students studying for an MBA in the US and Canada are choosing to become trilingual by learning English, French, and Spanish. The positions available for Spanish teachers are abundant, both locally and abroad.
For more information or to register please Contact Us.